Since it is taking me longer than anticipated to think of 10 ridiculous things I’d buy if money were no option, I’m skipping ahead to days 20 and 21 (today) and I’ll come back to that other one.
Day 20 – favorite things about your favorite season (Summer)
- There’s nothing sexy about a penguin, nor is there about having to dress in a manner that makes you walk like one.
- Very little clothes means very little laundry. Also less to pack for a mini-vacation. There is something seriously wrong about having to take a suitcase for a four-day weekend.
- I hate shoes and I hate socks even more. Flip flops are my friends!
- Toe rings and painted toenails
- Fresh fruits and veggies – yum!
- Get to show off my ink
- Noise. Winter is silent and weird. Summer has birds and bugs and kids playing outside…okay, so maybe the kids aren’t as important.
- Daylight at night. This twelve hours of darkness shit sucks.
- Once you get cold in the winter, you just kind of stay that way. So much easier to cool off in the summer.
Day 21 – books everyone should read
- The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher
- Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
- The Portable Dorothy Parker
- Firestarter by Stephen King
- The Arthur Blessing trilogy by Molly Cochrane
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
- The Complete Tales and Poems of Edgar Allen Poe (or any variation thereof)
- Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe by Fannie Flagg
- The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
- The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison
Now back to trying to figure out 10 ridiculous things I’d buy if money were no object.