Day 24 ten favorite artists or works of art.
because, as is so often the case, Mat says better what I want to say and in this he kind of outlines my thoughts on art. I don’t create music; I never had the patience to learn an instrument, but music is the form of art that truly reaches in my soul and grabs hold, really works my emotions so a few of these, at least, are going to be videos. Not really a warning, just wanted to avoid anyone saying I was using them as an easy way out.
Also, this is probably going to be another long entry so bear with me. Pleasekthanks.
2. Dorothy Parker
Razors pain you;
Rivers are damp;
Acids stain you;
And drugs cause cramp.
Guns aren’t lawful;
Gas smells awful;
You might as well live.
3. Beautiful song with a well-done, simple, no frills video
5. Just because I can’t watch it doesn’t mean I don’t appreciate its amazingness. In fact, that’s partly why I can’t watch it. It does, so well, what it was intended to do, which was break my heart into a million tiny pieces…apparently.
7. Brian Froud…the man (with some help from the Jim Henson Creature Shop) responsible for bringing us the creatures of the Dark Crystal and Labyrinth (including his son, Toby, cast as the baby). With that, I give you…a gelfling. Meet Kira:
9. Cool song but it’s really about the video. Kind of a sucker for anything that calls attention to the Invisible Children.
10. William Blake’s The Tyger – I’m not much of a poetry reader but this one has always been one of my favorites www.eecs.harvard.edu/~keith/poems/tyger.html